As·tero·phyl·li·tes | \ ˌastə(ˌ)rōfə̇ˈlītēz\
Definition of Asterophyllites
: a form genus of fossil plants abundantly represented in the coal measures, having a starlike disposition of the leaves, and considered now to be branches of Calamites
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?