Asian citrus psyllidnoun
Definition of Asian citrus psyllid
: a sap-sucking, grayish-brown mottled plant louse (Diaphorina citri of the family Psyllidae) of southern Asia that has been widely introduced into the U.S. and other citrus-growing regions and is a serious pest of citrus trees especially as a vector of the bacteria causing citrus greening The Asian citrus psyllid, which is the size of a fruit fly, feeds on the leaves of lemon and orange trees.— P. J. Huffstutter
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game