Ar·yo-Dravidian | \ ¦a(a)rēˌō, ¦er-, ¦ār- sometimes ˈärēˌō or ˈär(ˌ)yō or ˈȧrēˌō or ˈȧ(ˌ)yō +\
Definition of Aryo-Dravidian
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of, relating to, or characteristic of the Indian people having a mixture of Aryan and Dravidian blood that historically constituted the chief population of northern India and of the southern half of Sri Lanka
Definition of Aryo-Dravidian (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of the Aryo-Dravidian people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game