variants: or less commonly arneis
Definition of Arneis
: a dry white wine from the Piedmont region of Italy Arneis is a rich, gloriously fruity, mouth-filling wine that is soft, even unctuous.— Robert M. Parker, Parker’s Wine Buyer’s Guide, 1989 also : the grape from which Arneis wine is made Arneis, an ancient white grape of Italy’s Piedmont, had almost disappeared 25 years ago. — Gerald Asher, Gourmet, March 2004
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game