Definition of Apalachicola
1 river 90 miles (145 kilometers) long in northwestern Florida flowing from Lake Seminole south into Apalachicola Bay (an inlet of the Gulf of Mexico)
2 seaport city on Apalachicola Bay at the mouth of the Apalachicola River in northwestern Florida population 2231
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?