variants: or less commonly Apalachi \ ˌapəˈlachē \
plural Apalachee or Apalachees also Apalachi or Apalachis
Definition of Apalachee
1a : a Muskogean people of northwestern Florida
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Apalachee people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?