Anys·ti·dae | \ əˈnistəˌdē\
Definition of Anystidae
: a family of predatory mites having no median groove in the cephalothorax and the last joint of the first pair of legs not swollen though usually long
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game