Definition of American school
: the economists that adhered to the American system specifically : the American economists who rejected the Ricardian doctrine of rent and the Malthusian doctrine, advocated a protective tariff, accepted the labor theory of value but not its implication of a subsistence wage, and held that labor's lot continuously improves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game