Definition of American crow
: crow sense 1c Everyone knows the American crow, a large black bird that often roosts in enormous flocks during the winter. Its call is the simple and familiar, “caw, caw, caw.”— Scott Shalaway, Charleston (West Virginia) Gazette, 25 Mar. 2007
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?