American bald eaglenoun
Definition of American bald eagle
: bald eagle … treated this winter to the rare sight of an adult American bald eagle, soaring with wings spread six feet wide, perched in a tree or a vacant osprey nest near the shore, or resting on ice floes as the tide carries them along.— Peter Boody, New York Times, 27 Feb. 2005
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game