Definition of American Beauty
- The bush form of American Beauty, a mauve-tinged pink hybrid perpetual, was introduced in 1886, and it soon became a hit on the basis of its name alone.
- —Adrian Higgins, Washington Post, 12 Feb. 2009
- Love usually finds expression today on Valentine's Day in a dozen American Beauties …
- —Dana Bartholomew, Daily News of Los Angeles, 14 Feb. 2002
- Hardly anyone grows ‘American Beauty’ now, except for rosarians with inexhaustible patience and a passion for rare antiques.
- —Douglas Brenner & Stephen Scanniello, A Rose by Any Name, 2009