Definition of Amen glass
: a drinking glass from 18th century England with an inscription on the side that professes support for James III, claimant to the British crown
Note: Amen glasses are so called because the inscription on the glass ends with the word “Amen.”
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game