Am·a·zil·ia | \ ˌaməˈzilyə\
Definition of Amazilia
: a genus of large hummingbirds chiefly of Central America that includes several (such as Amazilia beryllina and Amazilia yucatanensis) that range as far north as the southern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game