Al·phon·sine | \ (ˈ)al¦fän(t)sə̇n, -änzə̇n\
Definition of Alphonsine
: relating to the set of astronomical tables prepared in 1252 by order of Alfonso X, king of León and Castile
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game