Definition of Albertosaurus
: a genus of large, carnivorous tyrannosaurid dinosaurs of the late Cretaceous known especially from fossils found in western North America Similarly, the heaviest Cretaceous tyrannosaurs, including Albertosaurus and the larger, 16,000-pound Tyrannosaurus rex, have, relatively speaking, some of the shortest forelimbs of any theropods.— Allison V. Andors, Natural History, June 1995
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game