plural Adirondack or Adirondacks
Definition of Adirondack
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : the Algonkian people formerly north of the St. Lawrence river
2 : a member of the Adirondack people
Definition of Adirondack (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : characterized by an architectural style that employs log framing and natural elements for a rustic appearance When we arrive at the Mt. Mansfield Trout Club, our starting point, I am struck by the charm of its quaint, rustic, Adirondack-style lodge nestled alongside a peaceful little lake.— Priscilla Oehl, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 2 July 2010
2 of furniture : made with wide wooden slats similar to those of an Adirondack chair Adirondack tables Adirondack furniture
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?