Acrob·a·tes | \ ə-ˈkrä-bə-ˌtēz\
Definition of Acrobates
: a genus of very small Australian marsupials having flattened tails and the lateral skin of the body extended into a supporting membrane like that of the flying squirrel and used similarly in gliding — see flying phalanger
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game