Acan·tho·scel·i·des | \ əˌkan(t)thəˈseləˌdēz\
Definition of Acanthoscelides
: a genus of weevils (family Bruchidae) native to America but of cosmopolitan distribution and including the destructive bean weevil
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game