variants: or less commonly Abrams
Definition of Abrams tank
: a heavily armored military tank produced in the United States After the Iraqi soldiers came under attack, American forces in Abrams tanks, … rumbled to the scene.— Erica Goode and Michael R. Gordon, New York Times, 7 Apr. 2008 One Abrams was hit twice, but its internal compartmentation and fire suppression systems enabled all of the crew members to survive.— Faris R. Kirkland, The Gulf War And Mental Health, 1996
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game