A Coruñageographical name
Definition of A Coruña
1 province of northwestern Spain in Galicia bordering on the Atlantic area 3041 square miles (7876 square kilometers), population 1,141,286
2 or Corunna \ kə-ˈrə-nə \ commune, port on the Atlantic, and capital of the province of A Coruña population 236,379
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game