(as) dead as a dodoidiom
Definition of (as) dead as a dodo
informal, chiefly British
—used to stress that someone or something is dead The old captain was dead as a dodo. —often used figuratively The negotiations are as dead as a dodo.The deal is dead as a dododo.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Moon-Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?