(all) the more soidiom
Definition of (all) the more so
—used to say why something (such as an attribute or quality) applies to a greater degree or extent The play was impressive—(all) the more so because the students had written it themselves.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Moon-Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?