(as) clear as a bellidiom
Definition of (as) clear as a bell
: very clear Clear as a bell, I heard him say my name. It was clear as a bell that morning—not a cloud in the sky. The water was as clear as a bell. : very clearly
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game