(all) the more soidiom
Definition of (all) the more so
—used to say why something (such as an attribute or quality) applies to a greater degree or extent The play was impressive—(all) the more so because the students had written it themselves.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game