Examples of PROPENSITY
- He had a propensity for crime.
- <the criminal propensities of the family extended over several generations>
- Other researches are exploring how the adolescent propensity for uninhibited risk taking propels teens to experiment with drugs and alcohol. —Claudia Wallis, Time, 10 May 2004
- On the other hand, a jury might be convinced that a meth dealer who had brazenly fired a pistol through his door had a propensity for violence. —John Cloud, Time, 14 July 2003
- A central tenet of this camp's proponents is that a considerable number of biological dispositions evolved during the Stone Age, including a male propensity for making war. —Bruce Bower, Science News, 27 Jan. 2001
Origin of PROPENSITY
First Known Use: 1570
Learn More About PROPENSITY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up propensity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).