: a failure to understand something
: a usually minor argument or disagreement
Examples of MISUNDERSTANDING
- The instructions are carefully written in order to avoid misunderstanding.
- Her comments reflect a misunderstanding of the basic problem.
- using clear language to avoid misunderstandings
- an unfortunate misunderstanding between old friends
- We had our little misunderstandings in the past but we managed to clear them up long ago.
First Known Use of MISUNDERSTANDING
Related to MISUNDERSTANDING
Rhymes with MISUNDERSTANDING
noun mis·un·der·stand·ing \ˌmis-ˌən-dər-ˈstan-diŋ\
: a failure to get the meaning of : a failure to understand
Learn More About MISUNDERSTANDING