: a failure to understand something
: a usually minor argument or disagreement
Examples of MISUNDERSTANDING
- The instructions are carefully written in order to avoid misunderstanding.
- Her comments reflect a misunderstanding of the basic problem.
- using clear language to avoid misunderstandings
- an unfortunate misunderstanding between old friends
- We had our little misunderstandings in the past but we managed to clear them up long ago.
First Known Use of MISUNDERSTANDING
Related to MISUNDERSTANDING
Rhymes with MISUNDERSTANDING
Learn More About MISUNDERSTANDING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up misunderstanding? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).