: requiring much time, attention, or effort
: expecting much time, attention, effort, etc., from other people : hard to satisfy
Examples of DEMANDING
- She had a demanding schedule with little free time.
- Factory work can be physically demanding.
- I have heard it is one of the most demanding courses at the university.
- Their boss was really demanding, often expecting them to work long into the night.
First Known Use of DEMANDING
Related to DEMANDING
- arduous, burdensome, challenging, exacting, grueling (or gruelling), killing, laborious, onerous, persnickety, taxing, toilsome
- light, nondemanding, unchallenging, undemanding
Learn More About DEMANDING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up demanding? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).