ma·tu·ri·ty noun \mə-ˈtu̇r-ə-tē, -ˈtyu̇r- also -ˈchu̇r-\
: the quality or state of being mature; especially : full development <lacks the wisdom and maturity needed to run the company>
: termination of the period that an obligation has to run
Examples of MATURITY
- His behavior shows a lack of maturity.
- He reached emotional maturity late in his life.
- the maturity level of a child
- The bond will reach maturity in 10 years.
- Maturities on these bonds can be as long as 10 years.
First Known Use of MATURITY
ma·tu·ri·ty noun \mə-ˈt(y)u̇r-ət-ē also -ˈchu̇r-\ (Medical Dictionary)
: the quality or state of being mature; especially : full development
Learn More About MATURITY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up maturity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).