mar·vel·ous adjective \ˈmärv-(ə-)ləs\
: extremely good or enjoyable
: of the highest kind or quality : notably superior <has a marvelous way with children>
— mar·vel·ous·ly adverb
— mar·vel·ous·ness noun
Examples of MARVELOUS
- We had a marvelous time at the party.
- He has a marvelous way with children.
- The weather was simply marvelous.
First Known Use of MARVELOUS
Related to MARVELOUS
- amazing, astonishing, astounding, awesome, awful, eye-opening, fabulous, miraculous, portentous, prodigious, staggering, stunning, stupendous, sublime, surprising, wonderful, wondrous
- familiar, nonexotic, nonglamorous, plain-Jane, unexotic, unglamorous, unromantic
Learn More About MARVELOUS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up marvelous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).