: causing great surprise or wonder : causing amazement
: causing amazement, great wonder, or surprise
Examples of AMAZING
- He showed an amazing lack of concern for others.
- The amazing thing is that no one knows where it came from.
- He has an amazing ability to learn new languages.
- Her grandmother was really an amazing woman.
First Known Use of AMAZING
Related to AMAZING
- surprising, astonishing, astounding, blindsiding, dumbfounding (also dumfounding), eye-opening, flabbergasting, jarring, jaw-dropping, jolting, shocking, startling, stunning, stupefying
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up amazing? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).