of a man or a man's appearance : attractive and impressive in a way that shows confidence
: marked by vigorous action : spirited <a dashing young horse>
: marked by smartness especially in dress and manners
— dash·ing·ly \-iŋ-lē\ adverb
Examples of DASHING
- She married a dashing young lawyer from the city.
- a brave and dashing soldier
- The actor cuts a dashing figure as a young Jack Kennedy.
First Known Use of DASHING
Related to DASHING
- adventuresome, adventurous, audacious, daring, bold, emboldened, enterprising, free-swinging, gutsy, hardy, nerved, nervy, venturesome, venturous
- unadventurous, unenterprising
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up dashing? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).