: satisfying or assuring by argument or proof <a convincing test of a new product>
: having power to convince of the truth, rightness, or reality of something : plausible <told a convincing story>
— con·vinc·ing·ly \-siŋ-lē\ adverb
— con·vinc·ing·ness noun
Examples of CONVINCING
- Your argument isn't very convincing.
- They make a convincing case for reform.
- There is no convincing evidence to support his theory.
First Known Use of CONVINCING
Related to CONVINCING
- compelling, conclusive, cogent, decisive, effective, forceful, persuasive, satisfying, strong, telling
- inconclusive, indecisive, ineffective, uncompelling, unconvincing, unpersuasive
See Synonym Discussion at valid
Learn More About CONVINCING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up convincing? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).