plural of yap, slang
Synonyms of yaps
(Entry 1 of 2)
the opening through which food passes into the body of an animal
- a dope with a talent for opening his yap at exactly the wrong moment
Synonyms for yaps
Words Related to yaps
present tense third-person singular of yap
Synonyms of yaps (Entry 2 of 2)
as in yammers, yaks
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for yaps
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game