past tense of wear on
Synonyms & Antonyms of wore on
See the Dictionary Definition
to disturb the peace of mind of (someone) especially by repeated disagreeable acts
- His constant complaining is starting to wear on his friends.
Synonyms for wore on
Words Related to wore on
- (also ballyragged),
- (or devilled),
- freaked (out),
Phrases Synonymous with wore on
Near Antonyms for wore on
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game