past tense of waive
Synonyms & Antonyms of waived
See the Dictionary Definition
to officially say that you will not use or require something that you are allowed to have or that is usually required
- She waived her right to a lawyer.
- The university waives the application fee for low-income students.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for waived
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for waived
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game