present participle of thumb
Synonyms & Antonyms of thumbing
See the Dictionary Definition
2 to turn over pages in an idle or cursory manner
- I thumbed through the book during the flight but was too distracted to really read it
Synonyms for thumbing
Words Related to thumbing
Near Antonyms for thumbing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game