present tense third-person singular of steal (from)
Synonyms of steals (from)
See the Dictionary Definition
to remove valuables from (a place) unlawfully
- little wonder that the store went out of business, as its employees had been stealing from it for years
Synonyms for steals (from)
Words Related to steals (from)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game