plural of spiel
Synonyms of spiels
See the Dictionary Definition
informal a fast utterance that someone has often said before and that is usually intended to persuade people to buy something, agree to something, etc.
- I listened to the salesman's spiel but still refused to buy anything.
- He gave me a long spiel about the benefits of joining the club.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for spiels
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- July 2020 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Difficult Spelling Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game