plural of spiel
Synonyms of spiels
informal a fast utterance that someone has often said before and that is usually intended to persuade people to buy something, agree to something, etc.
- I listened to the salesman's spiel but still refused to buy anything.
- He gave me a long spiel about the benefits of joining the club.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for spiels
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game