present tense third-person singular of speculate (about)
Synonyms & Antonyms of speculates (about)
as in second-guesses
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for speculates (about)
- broods (about or over),
- dwells (on or upon),
- fixates (on or upon),
- frets (about or over),
- obsesses (about or over)
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for speculates (about)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game