present participle of soak (up)
Synonyms of soaking (up)
See the Dictionary Definition
to take in (something liquid) through small openings
- this sponge should soak up the spilled juice very nicely
Synonyms for soaking (up)
Words Related to soaking (up)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game