past tense of smirk
Synonyms of smirked
See the Dictionary Definition
to smile in an unpleasant way because you are pleased with yourself, glad about someone else's trouble, etc.
- She tried not to smirk when they announced the winner.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for smirked
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game