present participle of shoulder
Synonyms & Antonyms of shouldering
See the Dictionary Definition
1 to take to or upon oneself
- agreed to shoulder the burden of caring for their elderly father
Synonyms for shouldering
Words Related to shouldering
Near Antonyms for shouldering
Antonyms for shouldering
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game