sells down the riverphrase
present tense third-person singular of sell down the river
Synonyms & Antonyms of sells down the river
See the Dictionary Definition
to be unfaithful or disloyal to
- He didn't expect to be sold down the river by someone he had known for so long.
Synonyms for sells down the river
Words Related to sells down the river
Phrases Synonymous with sells down the river
Near Antonyms for sells down the river
Antonyms for sells down the river
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game