past tense of rule (on)
Synonyms & Antonyms of ruled (on)
See the Dictionary Definition
to give an opinion about (something at issue or in dispute)
- the coach ruled on the question of whether an off-campus bar fight ought to disqualify someone from the team
Synonyms for ruled (on)
Words Related to ruled (on)
Near Antonyms for ruled (on)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game