present tense third-person singular of retrogress
Synonyms & Antonyms of retrogresses
See the Dictionary Definition
to go back to a previous and usually lower state or level
- the quality of research at the university lab has begun to retrogress since the massive budget cuts went into effect
Synonyms for retrogresses
Words Related to retrogresses
Near Antonyms for retrogresses
Antonyms for retrogresses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game