present tense third-person singular of reckon with
Synonyms & Antonyms of reckons with
See the Dictionary Definition
to give consideration to (as unexpected circumstances or contingencies)
- After Scout's emergency surgery, we were forced to reckon with a hefty vet bill.
Synonyms for reckons with
Words Related to reckons with
Phrases Synonymous with reckons with
Near Antonyms for reckons with
Antonyms for reckons with
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game