Synonyms & Antonyms of puritan
a person who is greatly concerned with seemly behavior and morality especially regarding sexual matters
- some of the town's puritans still maintain that sex education has no place in the schools
Synonyms for puritan
Words Related to puritan
Near Antonyms for puritan
Antonyms for puritan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game