variants: also prophesies
plural of prophecy
Synonyms of prophecies
a declaration that something will happen in the future
- the report on climate change included alarming prophecies of rising sea levels and increased storm activity
Synonyms for prophecies
Words Related to prophecies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors