past tense of procrastinate
Synonyms & Antonyms of procrastinated
See the Dictionary Definition
to be slow or late about doing something that should be done; to delay doing something until a later time because you do not want to do it, because you are lazy, etc.
- He procrastinated and missed the submission deadline.
- He told her to stop procrastinating and get to work.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for procrastinated
- (also lallygagged),
- fiddled (around),
- fooled around,
- messed around,
- monkeyed (around),
- pottered (around),
- puttered (around),
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for procrastinated
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game