plural of private detective
Synonyms of private detectives
a person not on the police force who investigates criminal or illicit activity or searches for missing persons
- when the police insisted that it was an accident and not murder, she hired a private detective
Synonyms for private detectives
Words Related to private detectives
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors